HR1 Request for Hire (Work-Study Students Only)

Why would I need this service?

HR1 Form - departmental request for personnel action.

This is the new automated HR-1 form for hiring Work-Study students. Use this form to hire new Work-Study students and returning Work-Study students who are transferring to a different department. Requests must include the complete documentation packet (see list below) and must be submitted with this form. 

Please attach all documentation to this HR-1 form:

New Student:

  • All documents included the Work-Study Packet. Click here to download the Work-Study Packet.
  • A Picture ID
  • Social Security Card

Returning Student transferring to a different department:

  • New Placement Card
  • Transfer Form

Use the Request for Hire HR1 link on the right to submit the HR-1 form and all accompanying documentation.


Who can request this service?

  • Faculty

  • Staff


What happens after I submit the request?

You will receive an email confirming that you entered the request. If you have any questions or concerns, please go to the Client Portal and sign in to check the status of your ticket(s). You may contact Ms. Bonney at 757-823-8953 or via email at with questions regarding your work-study forms.

Request for Hire HR1


Service ID: 123
Fri 9/9/22 10:38 AM
Tue 2/28/23 12:56 PM